top of page
Create a login to our site for automatic updates
Philadelphia Public League High School Bowling League
GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT IN BOWLING CENTER 2020-21 Season- SOCIAL DISTANCING/COVID PROTOCOLS
• CELL PHONE USE- no cell phones/electronics are to be used in the bowler settee area (tiled floor where bowlers sit). Must be used on the carpeted area only.
No headphones/earphones/ear buds to be used in the bowler settee area or when bowling.
• FOOD/DRINK- No eating within the Centers
• VISITORS/SPECTATORS- None allowed
• CLOTHING- no outside clothing including hats, hoodies, coats, jackets, non-bowling shoes are to be worn during competition. Sagging pants style not allowed. WET WEATHER- Change from street shoes to bowling shoes on the carpet area.
CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH- Schools should wear attire that is appropriate for pictures which will be posted on the PPL website.
• SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIRED- 1 team per pair of lanes- separate accordingly
• CONDUCT- No profanity or kicking ball return- benched for the rest of the game
• SHOES- bowling shoes will be distributed by Center staff (disinfected) – no sharing
• EQUIPMENT- Should not be shared. At the completion of competition, shoes are to be LEFT IN THE BOWLING AREA (COVID sanitizing protocols).
• League Start Time- 2:30pm- all lanes will be activated for practice then competition will begin. If a bus problem occurs, please call the desk at the Center. You must be at the Center by 2:45pm or reschedule a “match-score”. This must be done by Friday afternoon of the week. Match scores will not be allowed if a call from the Facilitator is not received.
NOTE: During competition, each bowler is to be in their area and ready to bowl when it is their turn.
Bowlers must notify the Facilitator when he/she needs to leave the area (food/bathroom) so that the game is not held-up.
PPL Bowling Chair
bottom of page